Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Maryland Powerlifting Report 12/5/08

IPF WADA Compliant:
by Detlev Albrings & Robert Wilks, for the IPF Executive & Anti-Doping Commission

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has released it's report on the compliance of international federations & national testing agencies with WADA's Code. WADA thoroughly reviewed each organization's anti-doping rules & testing programmes, in a process extending throughout 2008.

As the recognized Anti-Doping Organization for Powerlifting, the IPF was reviewed by WADA. The outcome was that then IPF was found to be compliant with the Code & also to be conducting drug-testing programme. This was in contrast to a number of sport federations & testing agencies, which received comprmised or qualified assessments.

In recent years the IPF has marshalled extensive resources in its fight against drugs in Powerlifting. It is most gratifying for our federation to receive this acknowledgement from WADA, the universal agency leading the war on drugs in sport.

The IPF will not be complacent in continuing it s anti-doping work. We will continue to advance our performance in legislation, testing & detection, enforcement & education as the key components for achieving a level playing field in Powerlifting.

Link here for the WADA report.


IPF News:

Lifter Rankings- 2008 Updated


Powerlifting Watch Adds World Power Rankings:
by Jon

Effective November 1, 2008, Powerlifting Watch began tracking and compiling Power Rankings for lifters from around the world. The Powerlifting Watch Power Rankings is a ranking of the top totals from the prior year, after adjusting for weight class and federation rule differences. Like the existing American Power Rankings, the new World Power Rankings include an equipped and a raw set of rankings.


From Critical Bench:

Interview With Exceptional Bench Presser Jeremy Hines
As told to CriticalBench.com by Curt Dennis Jr. "The Brute" of Planetrage.com - December 2008


JEREMY HINES...there is only one word that comes to mind when that name is mentioned...BEAST. He's pretty much in the shadows a lot and not many have heard of him. How about this? A 500 raw bench at the age of 20!! I don't think I've heard many that have that gift and being that strong that quickly! A 765 raw deadlift to go along with it and this kid isn't close to his potential and has yet to show the world what he's really made of! He trained out of his basement where a lot of freaks and monsters seem to. Who and What is this person, right? Well...read on below...

Critical Bench: Hey, thanks for doing this interview. Please introduce yourself.

Hi my name is Jeremy Hines. I am 6'2 and I am around 270 pounds! I am 22 years old and I am currently in college to become a PTA (physical therapist assistant) with hopes of becoming a physical therapist one day. I live with my fiancé Ashley and two year old daughter Jade! I have been lifting weights since age 11 and powerlifting/lifting weights in general is my favorite way to spend my time. There is nothing more satisfying to me than lifting!

Critical Bench: What are some of your PR's?

My best gym lifts are a raw touch and go bench of 560, 630 squat (belt only), and a 765 Deadlift. I have not competed for a year in a half, but I am looking forward to getting back into competition and putting up some big raw benches and totals! My best raw bench in a competition is 500 from June of 2007. I also benched 630 shirted at 19 years old weighing 235 in the APF. At 6'2 235 Lbs is skinny!!!! I believe that 630 shirted lift is still a teenage all time record for the 242's!

Critical Bench: How long have you been into powerlifting?

Wow ! I have been training the three powerlifts for about 6 years. I have been benching since age 11. I have been doing bench and deadlift competitions for the past fives years on and off. I really cannot wait to get back into competition!

Read more here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home